Re: 20020403: netCDF on MacOS X (fwd)

>To: address@hidden
>From: Neil Banas <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF on MacOS X

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:53:33 -0800
From:    Neil Banas <address@hidden>
To:      Russ Rew <address@hidden>
cc:      address@hidden
Subject: Re: 20020403: netCDF on MacOS X

Russ,

well, I found my problem: Absoft f77 makes code "case insensitive" by
folding all procedure names to lower case; the library as compiled expects
upper case. Also, I'm able to link by compiling as

f77 -w test.f libnetcdf.a

but not as

f77 -w -lnetcdf test.f

I discovered this by examining the output as Fink built the library from
source. I don't know how to find out what environment variables the Fink
installer sets, but there is now a second netcdf package in the "unstable"
section of Fink called netcdf-absoft, and it does the job.

thanks for your help--I'd never have discovered the nm command otherwise,
neil

------- End of Forwarded Message