20020312: Translator/Importer to GIS (ESRI software)...

>From: Dave Fosdeck <address@hidden>

Dave,

Sorry to have let this slip for so long...

>I had a question from an UCAR-Boulder employee working with our software. Is
>there a translator/importer for our stuff to read/write NETCDF available?

I am uncertain of what you are asking:

"translator/importer for our stuff to read/write NETCDF"

Are you asking if we have routines that will convert netCDF to ESRI
shape files?  If so, the answer is that we (Unidata) have not written
any.  This does not mean that one or more of our sites has not written
them.

>I have some internal ESRI queries out also.
>
>Thanks...
>
>Dave
>
>ESRI Online Support Center
>http://support.esri.com/
>
>David Fosdeck <address@hidden>
>ESRI-Denver - Federal Account Manager
>4875 Pearl East Circle, Suite 200
>Boulder, CO 80301
>303-449-7779#8225 (Tel)
>303-449-8830 (Fax)
>303-881-2606 (Cell)
>address@hidden (Short Text!)
><http://www.esri.com/<http://www.esri.com/

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Mon Apr  1 16:08:22 2002
>Subject: RE: 20020312: Translator/Importer to GIS (ESRI software)...
>Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:50:19 -0700

Tom,

There was lady from UCAR in a class here at ESRI-Boulder asking about NETCDF
support in ArcView/ArcGIS. I did some research and ran across your link. We
don't plan to support for at least another couple releases. Rockware sells a
COTS product called GlobalMapper for $129 that does...