20020322: Linux netCDF build: make.log; setting environment variables

L. Wen,

> From: =?GB2312?Q?=C0=B5=CE=C4=D5=E4?= <address@hidden>

> We have some difficulty in installing Netcdf-3.5.0.
>
> After we run "make" ,there is no make.log.

The file "make.log" is created by your redirection of standard output
and standard input into it when you execute the "make" command.  For
example:

    % make >&! make.log

or

    $ make >make.log 2>&1

depending on your user shell

> The error lies in
> "cfortran.h", the computer said "can't find your enviornment". We
> haven't set environmental variables. In the first step we execute
> "configure" and let it find reasonable values.
>
> Our platform is Linux-7.1-i686, and there are no f90 compiler in our
> system.    would you like to help us? Thanks.
>
> Yours Sincerely
> L. Wen

The file INSTALL.html contains examples of environment variable settings
for building on a Linux system.  You should ensure that the CPPFLAGS
variable contains the string "-Df2cFortran".

Regards,