Re: 20020119: problems compiling netcdf for Fortran 90

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: Matt Brennan <address@hidden>
>Subject: problems compiling netcdf for Fortran 90

Hi Matt,

> I'm having trouble witht the test stage of installing netCDF for
> Fortran 90.  The configure and compile seem to go smoothly, i.e. no
> errors, but the testing fails.  There appears to be a group of
> variables which are not properly declared.  Below is the debugging
> info you requested.

> 3785 Lines Compiled
> f90 -o netcdf_test   netcdf_test.f90 netcdf.o typeSizes.o
> ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
>    program NETCDFTEST
>      internal subroutine CHECK
>
> 101 Lines Compiled
> netcdf.o: In function `netcdf$nf90_inq_libvers_':
> netcdf.o(.text+0x25): undefined reference to `nf_inq_libvers_'

It looks like you haven't compiled the Fortran-77 interface and added
it to the library in ../library/libsrc/libnetcdf.a before trying to
run the Fortran-90 test.  The Fortran-90 interface uses and depends on
the Fortran-77 interface, so you can't just build the Fortran-90
interface independently.

--Russ