Re: netCDF related Files for Mac OSX

>To: address@hidden
>From: Roy Mendelssohn <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020102: netCDF related Files for Mac OSX

Hi Roy,

> I know you are using Mac OS X, and I have tracked down the info for
> NetCDF on OS X.  What I am wondering about, and haven't found any
> info, is whether other "suport" packages, specifically, udunits, FAN
> and NCO also exist for mac OS X.

I just tried udunits and found there's a problem with the udunits
configure script.  I forwarded the problem report to Steve Emmerson,
so we may have a fix for it soon.

The FAN package is no longer under active development or support by
its author, so I'm fairly sure it probably hasn't been tested on Mac
OS X yet.  I'll put it on my todo list.

I don't know about NCO, but I've asked Charlie Zender.

(I haven't been doing much development yet on Mac OS X, but expect to
 use it more when Java3D is available.)

--Russ