Re: 20011203: Fortran90 and netCDF

>To: address@hidden
>From: Jesse Ussi <address@hidden>
>Subject: Fortran90 and netCDF

Hi Jesse,

> We are currently looking to get an academic group license for a Fortran 90
> compiler for Windows.
>
> One of the options is the Lahey f95 compiler. However, we have heard that
> there may be problems obtaining the netcdf with this compiler.
> Is this true? Are there any problems with netcdf and Lahey f95??
>
> Can you recommend a compiler which works well with netcdf on the Windows
> platform?

Dirk Slawinski has ported netCDF using the Lahey Fortran 95 compiler
on Windows NT and made information about the port available at

  http://www.cwr.uwa.edu.au/%7eslawinski/work/netcdfinfo.html#WinNT.

Although he mentions using netCDF-3.5-beta6, I think his instructions
should work fine with the released version of netCDF 3.5.0 or the beta
version 3.5.1, both available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf

--Russ