Re: netCDF installation problems (fwd)

Thomas,

>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:31:05 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Thomas Johnson <address@hidden>
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF installation problems (fwd)

>   I noticed in the on-line listing of previous installation problems, one
> similar to my own problem.
>
> 20010402: netcdf-3.5.0 on hp-ux 10.20
>
> File Modification: Mon Apr  2 15:50:45 2001
>
>       line 83: > *** Error exit code 1
>
> I have the following errors as well as some checks coming up with no.
>
> checking if Fortran "byte" is C "long"... no

The configure script checks all possible combinations of Fortran types
against C types.  The fact that a particular Fortran type is not
equivalent to a particular C type is unimportant providing that some C
type is equivalent to the Fortran type.  What I'm saying is that the
configure script warning messages you encountered may be safely ignored.

If you have problems building the package, then please contact me.

Regards,