Re: 20010808: netcdf 3.4 help

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Alan S. Dawes" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010808: netcdf 3.4 help
Alan,

> Thanks for your help with NETCDF. We are still investigating
> the implications of using the 'UNLIMITED' keyword.

The example I sent showed how you could use the UNLIMITED dimension to
have more than one variable with more than 2 Gbytes of data in a
netCDF file.  It's not necessary to use the UNLIMITED dimension, but
if you don't, only one variable can exceed 2 Gbytes in size.

> We are having problems compiling NETCDF v3.4 on a 64bit
> AIX 4.3 platform. Can you email how the  environment variables
> should be set to get it to work. Thanks again.

Sorry, but I don't think we have access to a 64-bit AIX platform for
testing.  We do have an AIX system running AIX 4.3, but it's only a
32-bit PowerPC machine.  So I don't know what flags the AIX compilers
require to build a working 64-bit version of the library ...

That's over 1000 netCDF users and perhaps someone out there has
already figured out what's needed.  I think you have to join the
mailing list before you can post to it, and you can find out how to
join here: