20010818: building "-i8" Fortran interface

Sue,

>Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:14:12 +1000
>From: "Xue (Sue) YANG" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20010809: building "-i8" Fortran interface

> The attatched file contains the compiling options chosen to build the netCDF
> package on our IRIX64 system.  With the netCDF libraries built
> this way, we software system can read and write integer and float data
> from/into netcdf data files correctly.

I was able to build the netCDF package with the following settings:

    CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
    CFLAGS='-O -64'
    FC=f90
    FFLAGS='-O -64 -r -64 -r8 -i8'
    CXX=

The "make test" failed in the "nf_test/" and "f90/" subdirectories --
but I suspect that the netCDF library is still usable.

Regards,