Re: 20010808: netcdf 3.4 help

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Alan S. Dawes" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf 3.4 help

Alan,

I have now verified that netCDF can read and write files > 2GB in size
on 32-bit systems with Large File Support.  In particular, I just
built the netCDF library and utilities on such a system and
successfully wrote and read a 6 Gbyte file through the netCDF
interfaces.

The particulars were

 Platform:  Linux 2.4.2-2smp #1 SMP Sun Apr 8 20:21:34 EDT 2001 i686
 CFLAGS:    '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE'

and I used a small program (which I can provide on request) to write a
netCDF file with only one floating-point variable, dimensioned 1500 by
1000000.  Then I verified the ncdump utility, compiled in the same way
and linked against the same library, could open and read the file.

--Russ