Re: 20010712: NetCDF Error report

>To: address@hidden
>From: Yu-Jin Choi <address@hidden>
>Subject: Error report

Yu-Jin,

> I can see below when I do "make clean all test".
>
> + /opt/SUNWspro/bin/f77 -c -O -w ftest.F
> /tmp/fpp.27073.0.f:
>  MAIN ftest:
>         tncacpy:
>         tncadel:
>         tncagt:
>         tncapt:
>  BLOCK DATA:
>         tncddef:
>         tncinq:
>         tncredf:
>         tncvdef:
>         tncvgt:
>         tncvgt1:
>         tncvpt:
>         tncvpt1:
>         tfills:
> __e_wsfe_pv                         ftest.o
> __s_wsFe_pv                         ftest.o
> __e_wsle_pv                         ftest.o
> __do_f_out_pv                       ftest.o
> __s_wsle_pv                         ftest.o
> __do_l_out_pv                       ftest.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ftest
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftest'

We still can't duplicate this problem.  Using all the same compilers
and options you are using, we see no undefined symbols and the link
and subsequent tests work fine on our SunOS 5.7/SPARC platform.  None
of the undefined symbols above occur anywhere in the netcdf software,
so we suspect this is a problem with your development environment, but
the configure script shows that your f77 compiler works OK at least on
a small test program.

This may be grasping at straws, but let's check the version of your
compilers with the "-V" flag.  If they are very old or don't match,
that may be causing a problem.  Here's the version information for our
compilers that work fine for netcdf 3.5.0:

 $ /opt/SUNWspro/bin/c89 -V
 cc: Sun WorkShop 6 2000/06/19 C 5.1 Patch 109491-02
 usage: c89 [ options] files.  Use 'c89 -flags' for details
 $ /opt/SUNWspro/bin/f77 -V
 f77: Sun WorkShop 6 2000/04/07 FORTRAN 77 5.1
 Usage: f77 [ options ] files.  Use 'f77 -flags' for details

The versions of the C++ or Fortran90 compilers shouldn't matter for
this problem ...

--Russ