Re: 20010606: install netcdf v3.5.0

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden
>From: Jonathan Thom <address@hidden>

Jonathan,

> Here is a listing of the src/f90 directory. To my dismay there are no .mod
> files.
>
> Makefile
> NOTES
> Readme
> example.cdl
> example.nc
> example_good.cdl
> f90aux.m4
> gen.m4
> netcdf.3f90
> netcdf.M
> netcdf.f90
> netcdf.o
> netcdf_attributes.f90
> netcdf_constants.f90
> netcdf_dims.f90
> netcdf_expanded.f90
> netcdf_externals.f90
> netcdf_file.f90
> netcdf_overloads.f90
> netcdf_test*
> netcdf_test.f90
> netcdf_text_variables.f90
> netcdf_variables.f90
> netcdf_visibility.f90
> nvea.m4
> nves.m4
> typeSizes.M
> typeSizes.f90
> typeSizes.o

OK, it looks like the Solaris 6 Fortran 90 compiler you are using
created the module file at "netcdf.M" instead of "netcdf.mod".
Perhaps your Sun Fortran-90 compiler is old enough that there were no
established conventions yet for compiled module names, or maybe our
assumption that all Fortran-90 compilers will produce their module
output as "*.mod" files is incorrect.  In any case, just try renaming
or copying netcdf.M to netcdf.mod and then see if "make install" works.
I notice it also created the module typesizes.M instead of
typesizes.mod, but that's not an installed file so probably doesn't
have to be renamed.

--Russ