Re: query (fwd)

>To:  address@hidden
>From: Vinay Kumar <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010601: query

Hi Vinay,

>   Can I change the resolution of my data( in binary forma, resolution
> 4x5) to data( bin, resolution .5x.5) using netCDF library.

The netCDF library doesn't provide any regridding functions, but there
is other software that will accomplish this, described on the web page
"Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data" at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

For example, the following packages provide some form of regridding
for netCDF data:  FERRET, CDAT, OpenDX, Ingrid, NCL, GMT, GrADS (and
probably others ...).

Alternatively, you could read your netCDF data into another package
that supports netCDF import, such as MATLAB or IDL, and use the
regridding facilities of that language to regrid the data before
exporting it as a netCDF file.

--Russ