Re: 20010327: netCDF and NC_MAX_VARS=2000 limitation

Hi Harsh,

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden,
>cc: Harsh Anand <address@hidden>
>From: Harsh Anand <address@hidden>
>Subject: [Fwd: 20010327: netCDF and NC_MAX_VARS=2000 limitation]

Hi Harsh,

> Any update on NC_MAX_VARS=2000 limitation?

Sorry, this "fell through the cracks", as the request came while I was
away.  I'm afraid it wouldn't have gotten in netCDF version 3.5.0
anyway, because that was released on March 23, just before I left.

I've increased all the Fortran limits, which are now:

      parameter (nf_max_dims = 512)
      parameter (nf_max_attrs = 4096)
      parameter (nf_max_vars = 4096)
      parameter (nf_max_name = 128)
      parameter (nf_max_var_dims = nf_max_dims)

so feel free to make these changes in your local netcdf.inc file.
These new larger limits will be in the next minor release, so your
files will be portable to installations with version 3.5.1 or later of
netCDF.

--Russ