Re: netCDF DTD

Russ Rew wrote:

To: address@hidden
From: Joe Van Andel <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20000424: netCDF DTD

Hi Joe,

I've exchanged email with  Robert E. McGrath <address@hidden>
regarding XML and netCDF.

He's done an experiment translating netCDF to HDF5, described here:

http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF5/XML/nctoh5/writeup.htm

He tells me that he was using an unofficial DTD for netCDF, but that
Unidata may be working on an "official" DTD for netCDF.  Is anyone
working on this?

John Caron has developed the appended DTD for netCDF.  He also wrote
"Comparison of 3 NetCDF DTDs" which refers to the McGrath paper and
describes the differences among the existing DTDs.  I can't find a
reference to an online version of his comparison, so I'll CC: him on
this reply, hoping he can provide it.

its pretty modest, but here it is:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/caron/xml/NetcdfCompare.htm

also now there is a link to it from my home page.