20010315: Problem with fortran on linux redhat

Edward,

>Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:29:45 -0700
>From: "Edward Vidal" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010313: Problem with fortran on linux redhat

> Steve
> This is the only log file I can find (See attached file:
> config.log) and I do not have an INSTALL.html either only and INSTAL.

Sorry.  My mistake.  I thought you were attempting to install version
3.5beta of the netCDF package rather than version 3.4.  (We changed the
name of the installation file from INSTALL to INSTALL.html in version
3.5.)

> In which file to define that I have g77?

You tell the configure script to use the "g77" compiler by means of the
CC environment variable prior to executing the configure script.  It's
all detailed in the file INSTALL (including those items that help me
diagnose any problems).

Your "config.log" file looked OK.  Would you please send me items D
(configure.log) and F (make.log) which are mentioned near the end of the
file INSTALL.

Please send the files as included, plain text rather than as
base64-encoded attachments.

Regards,