20010308: IEEE format dataset to NetCDF

hong2108,

> To: address@hidden
> From: " " <address@hidden>
> Subject: I want to know about IEEE format dataset

> I am wondering
> 1)if you know about IEEE format dataset.

I know about the IEEE format for representing floating-point values.  I
don't know about an IEEE format for datasets.

> 2)if you know about this, I want to get information about this.
>
> I am using CCM3 (global atmospheric model) and this model are
> neede netcdf dataset.  But I found IEEE format dataset(not netcdf
> dataset). So I want to convert this ieee format dataset to netcdf
> format dataset.  I usually used ascii, binary format dataset.  I heard
> that IEEE format dataset is used in CRAY
>
> How can I read IEEE format dataset with Fortran programing?
> How can I IEEE format dataset to ascii or netcdf file with Fortran
> How can I programming?

I don't know.  I suggest that you contact the authors of the dataset.
They should be able to tell you about the format of the data.  From
that, you should be able to write a program that either converts the
data to ASCII (from which you could edit it into a netCDF CDL file,
which could then be converted to a netCDF file by the "ncgen" utility)
or a program that directly converts the data to a netCDF dataset.
Unfortunately, I don't know the format of the dataset that you have so I
can't help you with reading the dataset.

> Also, if you know about website of IEEE dataset(like netcdf), tell me
> somthing.
>
> I am poor at my English writing. I want to understand you my writing.

Your writing is understandable.

Regards,