Re: 20001221: NetCDF Documentation

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: "Michael McBrien" <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF Documentation

Hi Mike,

> Hello.  I am having some difficulty finding the information that I need in
> order to implement full support of ANDI chromatography format.  The problem
> is that the ASTM documentation refers to header information contained in
> later ANDI Formats (versions 3-5?)  but I can find no documentation for
> this.
>
> I gather that these formats will enable the transfer of method information
> with the chromatograms, but I am not sure if this has been implemented.  I
> wonder if it would be possible for someone to get back to me on this?

We develop and maintain netCDF, but the use of netCDF in analytical
chemistry is an independent effort (in other words, we know very
little about the ANDI chromatography standard).  We know about the
article "STANDARDS FOR CHROMATOGRAPHY DATA SYSTEMS: ASTM adopts
protocols for analytical data interchange (Andi)" at

  http://pubs.acs.org/hotartcl/tcaw/98/may/stan.html

The resulting standard specification and guide may be downloaded from
ASTM:

E1947-98 Standard Specification for Analytical Data Interchange
Protocol for Chromatographic Data

http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E1947.htm?L+mystore+rpwd2606

E1948-98 Standard Guide for Analytical Data Interchange Protocol for
Chromatographic Data

http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E1948.htm?L+mystore+rpwd2606

You can also type in the keywords "analytical" or "spectroscopy" in
the netCDF support email archive search box near the bottom of the
netCDF web page for a bit more information about this application of
netCDF and email addresses of others who have used it ...

--Russ