20001207: UW Wisconsin Lidar-> Netcdf

>From: Mark Takala <address@hidden>

Mark,

>       We are trying to convert a bunch of data files
>to netCDF format.  any ideas on how to do this?

Yes:

o design a cdl for how you want the netCDF file to look
o use ncgen to generate source code for a C or Fortran routine to
  write the data
o edit the soure code and add in input of your data and tweak the output
  of the netCDF data
o consult the netCDF web pages for further ideas/packages that support
  netCDF:

Unidata netCDF HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf
  Unidata netCDF Documentation
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/docs.html

>We are working with a Lidar Radar system.
>it involves drawing contours, etc from laser/radar data.

Tom Yoksas