Re: 20000919: Final version of NetCDF 3.5

>To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>From: "DIETRICH,THOMAS (A-Germany,ex1)" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Final version of NetCDF 3.5

Hi Thomas,

You asked:

> I am still looking for the final version of NetCDF 3.5
> When do you expect this to come?

and I see that someone else had previously told you the final release of
version
3.5 would occur last April or May.

Unfortunately the release of netCDF 3.5 has languished while we worked on
other things this summer, but the current beta3 release is essentially the same
as what will be in the final netCDF 3.5 release.  We are only awaiting a few
minor additions to the Fortran90 interface.  There have been no major bugs
reported with the netCDF3.5 beta3 release, so if you are waiting for the
final release for fixes to any bugs, they won't be fixed unless we know about
them :-).

I have promised someone else that we will attempt to release NetCDF 3.5 in
November
at the latest, but I have to write a paper and prepare for some meetings this
month.

--Russ