20000912: "make nctest/test" failure on Fujitsu VPP

Reinhold,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Reinhold Bader <address@hidden>
> Subject: NetCDF build on Fujitsu VPP

>  I am trying to build the version 3.4 NetCDF library on a Fujitsu-Siemens
>  VPP700 (vector processor) and have run into difficulties which are
>  listed in the attached file "Description"; the other files required
>  by your INSTALLATION troubleshooting procedure are also enclosed.
>
>  Can you give me a hint on how to proceed? I am under the impression that
>  the regression tests use the old v2 interface and therefore lead one
>  into a thicket of compatibility code ...

Some tests are related to the version 2 API; other tests are related to
the version 3 API, which is used by the version 2 API.  The failure you
encountered deals with testing the version 2 API.

> Making `test' in directory /usr/local/src/netcdf-3.4/src/nctest
>
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/netcdf-3.4/src/nctest'
> vcc -o nctest -K4,popt -Wv,-qm,-m3 -DsunFortran  varget.o vargetg.o varput.o
> varputg.o vardef.o vartests.o vputget.o vputgetg.o driver.o cdftests.o
> dimtests.o rec.o atttests.o misctest.o add.o error.o emalloc.o val.o slabs.o
> -L../libsrc -lnetcdf
> ./nctest
> *** Testing nccreate ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncopen ...                ok ***
> *** Testing ncredef ...               ok ***
> *** Testing ncendef ...               ok ***
> *** Testing ncclose ...               ok ***
> *** Testing ncinquire ...     ok ***
> *** Testing ncsync ...                ok ***
> *** Testing ncabort ...               ok ***
> *** Testing ncdimdef ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncdimid ...               ok ***
> *** Testing ncdiminq ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncdimrename ...   ok ***
> *** Testing ncvardef ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarid ...               ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarinq ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarput1 ...     ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarget1 ...     ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarput ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarget ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarputg ...     *** test_ncvarputg: ncvarputg should fail for
> non-positive stride
> *** Testing ncvargetg ...     *** test_ncvargetg: ncvargetg should fail for
> non-positive stride
> *** Testing ncrecinq ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncrecput ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncrecget ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncvarrename ...   ok ***
> *** Testing ncattput ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncattinq ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncattget ...      ok ***
> *** Testing ncattcopy ...     ok ***
> *** Testing ncattname ...     ok ***
> *** Testing ncattrename ...   ok ***
> *** Testing ncattdel ...      ok ***
> *** Testing nctypelen ...     ok ***
> cmp testfile.nc testfile_nc.sav
> testfile.nc testfile_nc.sav differ: char 2345, line 6
> gmake[2]: *** [test] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/netcdf-3.4/src/nctest'
> gmake[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/netcdf-3.4/src'
> gmake: *** [nctest/test] Error 2

I'd like to know the results of the more complete test of the version 3
API.  Would you please do the following:

    1.  Go into the "nc_test/" subdirectory.

    2.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect both standard
        output and standard error the file "test.log" and send me the
        file.

Regards,