20000710: binary ncdump for Unix

>From: A Rokanuzzaman <address@hidden>

A Rokanuzzaman,

>This is Rokan working for Atmospheric Science Department,UND. I am
>writting a software to convert binary files into netcdf file format.I need
>to use "ncdump" utility command for this conversion.So, I need
>"ncdump.exe' file for this . I do have a 'ncdump.exe' file which works in
>Windows. I am looking for 'ncdump.exe' file which will work in UNIX
>system.In UNIX system,it says that 'ncdump' command not found though I do
>have 'ncdump.exe' file installed in UNIX system.
>
>Would you please let me know how can I get 'ncdump.exe' file which will
>will work in UNIX system.
>
>I am looking forward to hearing from you.

You have two options here:

o if your Unix system matches one for which we have a binary netCDF
  distribution available, you can use it.  Please look through the
  systems for which there are binaries in the pub/binary directory
  of anonymous FTP on our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu

o if your system is not one for which we have prebuilt binaries, you will
  need to FTP the source distribution of the netCDF package and
  built the executables on the system on which you intend to use ncdump.
  The netCDF source can be found in the pub/netcdf directory of anonymous
  FTP on our ftp server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.

You should also look through the online documentation we have for the
netCDF at: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf

>Best regards.
>                       *  A.S.M. Rokanuzzaman  *
>                       *  Computer Science     *