20000627: netcdf3.5 beta with f90 interface AIX build

Paul,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Here's what I get using the same nifty command:
>
> C for AIX Compiler Version 4.4.0.0 --- attr.c 06/27/00 17:47:46 (C)

Looks like you have a later version -- but one that might have an
inconsistency in its header files.

> Is the make test weirdness related to the C developer environment?

It appears to be.  The failed assertion was on the valid values for a
file offset.

> I thought C was supposed to be portable?

C is fairly portable, but operating systems aren't.

> Is there any fallout from the "make test" failing?

I don't know -- it would depend on the details, I think.

Keep an eye on it until you're convinced it works OK.

Regards,