20000615: netCDF on Fujitsu VPP5000 using 64 address mode: coord_zero

Eric,

In the above message, you wrote:

> there is no configure.log file

As mentioned in the INSTALL file, the file "configure.log" is the file
to which the standard output and standard error of the "configure" script
are redirected.  I don't need the file.  The "fortran/nfconfig.inc"
files gave me the information I needed.

> #define NF_INT1_IS_C_SIGNED_CHAR 1
> #undef NF_INT1_IS_C_SHORT
> #undef NF_INT1_IS_C_INT
> #undef NF_INT1_IS_C_LONG
> #define NF_INT2_IS_C_SHORT 1
> #undef NF_INT2_IS_C_INT
> #undef NF_INT2_IS_C_LONG
> #define NF_INT_IS_C_INT 1
> #undef NF_INT_IS_C_LONG
> #define NF_REAL_IS_C_FLOAT 1
> #undef NF_REAL_IS_C_DOUBLE
> #define NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_DOUBLE 1
> #undef NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_FLOAT
> #define NF_INT1_IS_C_SIGNED_CHAR 1
> #undef NF_INT1_IS_C_SHORT
> #undef NF_INT1_IS_C_INT
> #undef NF_INT1_IS_C_LONG
> #define NF_INT2_IS_C_SHORT 1
> #undef NF_INT2_IS_C_INT
> #undef NF_INT2_IS_C_LONG
> #define NF_INT_IS_C_INT 1
> #undef NF_INT_IS_C_LONG
> #define NF_REAL_IS_C_FLOAT 1
> #undef NF_REAL_IS_C_DOUBLE
> #define NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_DOUBLE 1
> #undef NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_FLOAT

The above indicates that the Fortran-calling-C convention is the same in
both 32-bit and 64-bit modes.

What C compiler did you use?  Does it claim to conform to the C
Standard?

Do you have access to a debugger?  If so, then would you please
execute your program in the debugger and stop in the function
"nc_put_var_float".  Look at the contents of the static variable
"coord_zero" in the file "libsrc/putget.c".  The array should contain
all zeros.  Does it?  If not, then your C compiler probably doesn't
conform to the C Standard.  You might, however, be able to work around
this by editing the file "libsrc/putget.c" and explicitly initializing
the variable "coord_zero" to all zeros.

Regards,