Re: Portable netCDF-3.4 C library source

> Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:33:49 -0700
> To: address@hidden
> From: Mark Reyes <address@hidden>
> Subject: Portable netCDF-3.4 C library source

Hi Mark,

> A version of the netCDF C library source that is both compact and
> portable is available at the following site:
>
> ftp://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/mjr/netcdf/netcdf-3.4_one_source.tar.gz
>
> This source code contains a single source file plus header files,
> and can be run on a variety of UNIX platforms as well as Alpha VMS
> and Macintosh.  Ease of portability is the motivation behind it.
>
> I hope you find it useful.

Thanks for making this available.  I wish we had known you were doing
this, since I would have suggested that you work with the
netCDF-3.5beta sources instead of netCDF 3.4.  The latter has a few
bugs that are fixed in netCDF 3.5, which is nearly ready for release:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/release-notes-3.5beta3.html

But we'll look at your portable library and see whether it's practical
to fold your changes into the new release.  In any case, I'll try to
add references to your portable release to our FAQ and contributed
software catalog.

--Russ