Re: netcdf-f90

>To: address@hidden
>From: Pawel Schlichtholz <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000531: netcdf-f90

Hi Pawel,

> I an interested in using netcdf Library, especially netCDF Fortran 90
> Interface.
> Could you tell me how to proceed? I have a PC with Windows 98 and the
> the Compaq Visual Fortran installed. Is it enough? If yes, which files
> shoud I download from Unidata?

The file

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5-beta3.ZIP

contains the latest version of the netCDF library sources and the
sources for the Fortran 90 interface.  This is a test version that has
been tested on Unix systems, but you may be able to compile and run it
on a Windows 98 system.

You could also try using the prebuilt Win32 libraries available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.win32bin.ZIP

and then adding the Fortran 90 interfaces available in the f90 source
directory.  Or, to build everything from source, get

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.win32make.ZIP

and follow the instructions in

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/WIN32_README.TXT

You will again have to compile and add the Fortran 90 interfaces at
the end of this process, and we don't yet have instructions for that
process on a Windows platform.

If you succeed in getting the Fortran 90 interface working on your
Windows 98 platform, please let us <address@hidden> know
whether any changes were necessary and what steps were required.
Otherwise, we should have instructions for building and installing
the Fortran 90 interface with netCDF 3.5 when the final release is
ready, after some more testing this summer.

--Russ