Re: 20000518: netcdf install error

>To: address@hidden
>From: Young Joo <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf install error

Hi,

> We have a netcdf 1.3v.
> We want a netcdf 3.4 upgrade.
> Our system are CrayC90 (O.S 10.0)  cc(6.1) CC(Not Used) f90(3.1)
>
> config.log Errors following

> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

> configure:1020: c89 -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> configure:2428: c89 -o conftest -O -DNDEBUG  conftest.c  1>&5
> CC-5 c89: ERROR File = configure, Line = 2421
>   The source file "alloca.h" is unavailable.
>
>   #include <alloca.h>

We can't really tell much about the problem from the "config.log"
file.  This file is expected to contain some error messages (see the
note at the top of config.log and the paragraph about config.log in
the INSTALL file), so it's mainly useful for debugging the "configure"
script, not for finding problems with the installation of netCDF on a
system it is known to work on.

To make progress on this problem, please send us the information
listed at the end of the section "REPORTING PROBLEMS" from the INSTALL
file.  In particular, we will need the standard *output* from running
the "configure" script (this is not the same as "config.log", the
standard *error* output from the script).

Thanks.

--Russ