Re: 20000511: netCDF on BeOS

>To: address@hidden
>From: JefF Wong <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF on BeOS

Hi Jeff,

> I've re-read the "COPYRIGHT" file included in the netcdf source tarball,
> and now that I have a working netCDF v3.5 libraries, I am considering
> posting up either the compiled binaries or the modified source at one of
> the BeOS software portals such as:
>       www.bebits.com
>       www.boostsignal.com
>
> I just wanted to let someone at UNIDATA know and to hear any concerns that
> you may have.

That sounds great, thanks for letting us know about your successful
port to BeOS.  We have no concerns about your making your port
available.  We haven't gotten a lot of interest in that platform yet,
but if you could let us know where you decide to make your binaries
and modified sources available, we'll add a link to them in the "ports
to other platforms" section of our FAQ.

Providing changes to the sources in a form that could be integrated
and maintained with our source distribution is sometimes difficult,
and I can't guarantee we would incorporate the changes, but if they
are simple to incorporate, I'll see what we can do.

--Russ