20000504: f90 build problem: can't find f77 routines: Absoft, Linux

Bruce,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I followed your advise by rebuilding the netCDF with pointing to f90 with
> absolute path.  It won't compile with the setting.

I see the problem (read on).

> I am not sure what point I missed.  With an unprofessional question
> (hope you do't mind :-)), which f90 are you using?

We don't have a Fortran-90 compiler on our Linux systems.

> I think to get the same version of f90 as you are using which maybe
> another solution.

If you can't get your Absoft f90 working (see below), then yes, you
might need to use another compiler.

> checking user-defined Fortran compiler "/usr/absoft/bin/f90"... configure:
> warning: /usr/absoft/bin/f90 failed to compile test program
> configure: warning: The Fortran interface will not be built

The above indicates that your Absoft f90 compiler failed to compile the
configure script's test program.  The reason for the failure is in the
file "config.log":

> configure:1421: checking user-defined Fortran compiler "/usr/absoft/bin/f90"
> configure:1427: /usr/absoft/bin/f90 -c -O -Wno-globals conftest.f
> Unable to obtain valid license.
> Invalid license file syntax
> Feature:       PRO
> License path:  /usr/absoft/license.dat
> FLEXlm error:  -2,413

The above indicates that you have a problem with your Absoft f90 license.

I suggest that you correct this problem and try again.

Regards,