20000501: Fortran 90 build problem: can't find f77 routines

Bruce,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I tried to make the netCDF Fortran 90 interface for Prof. Harvey from
> Dept. of Geography/ University Of Toronto, and encounter some errors,
> plesae see the attachment.  I had the netCDF library build, and sure the
> library path is pointing to the netCDF library as per your instruction
> from your website.  The operating system is Linux Redhat 6.0, and the f90
> is from Abosift.  Thanks for any advise.
>
> Bruce Huang
> System Admininstrator
> Dept. Of Geography/University Of Toronto
> Tel: (416) 978-1450
> e-mail: address@hidden

> f90 -c -O typeSizes.f90
> This demonstration copy of Absoft Fortran 90 expires in 14 days.
> f90 -c -O netcdf.f90
> This demonstration copy of Absoft Fortran 90 expires in 14 days.
> f90 -o netcdf_test netcdf_test.f90 netcdf.o typeSizes.o -L../../lib -lnetcdf
> This demonstration copy of Absoft Fortran 90 expires in 14 days.
> netcdf.o: In function `__NF90_INQ_LIBVERS_in_NETCDF':
> netcdf.o(.text+0x1f): undefined reference to `NF_INQ_LIBVERS'

The above error message indicates that the Fortran routine
"NF_INQ_LIBVERS" wasn't found in the netCDF library
"../../lib/libnetcdf.a".

Does this library exist (note the relative pathname)?

Does the library contain the routine "NF_INQ_LIBVERS"?  You can discover
this by using the "nm" utility.

Regards,