20000419: NetCDF to GrADS raster

Resham,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Can we convert netcdf format to raster format? I had hard time uploading
> .nc file, I couldn't manipulate the data.. I used GrADS utility to
> view the files but gave me following problem.
>
> Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.7Beta9
> Copyright (c) 1988-1997 by Brian Doty
> Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
> Institute for Global Environment and Society
> All Rights Reserved
>
> Config: v1.7Beta9 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats athena
> im/image-output
>
> Issue 'q config' command for more information.
>
> Landscape mode? (no for portrait):  yes
> GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
> ga-> open \\c\windows\desktop\new\sao.nc
> Scanning description file:  \\c\windows\desktop\new\sao.nc
> Open Error:  Unknown keyword in description file
>   --> The invalid description file record is:
>   --> cdfGot 1
>
>   The data file was not opened.
> ga->
>
> or is there anyway I can get netcdf files to test..
>
> thank you for any suggestion...
>
> resham

Judging from the above, it looks like the investigation of the problem
must start with the GrADS package.  Unfortunately, We neither use nor
support the GrADS package here.  I suggest that you contact GrADS
support.

One thing you could try is whether or not the netCDF package's "ncdump"
utility can read the netCDF file in question.

Regards,