20000405: Fortran-90 compilation problem under Digital Unix

Claire,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just tried to download the experimental Fortran 90
> sources for netcdf. I tried to build the fortran 90 interface
> using the Makefile provided with the package. When I do that,
> I get several errors during the compilation:
>
> f90 -c -O netcdf.f90
> f90: Error: netcdf_text_variables.f90, line 57: A symbol must be a defined
> parameter in this context.   [COUNTER]
>      localCount (:numDims+1) = (/ len(values(1)), (size(values, counter),
> counter = 1, numDims) /)

We just encounterd this problem as well on the following system:

    OSF1 ernie.unidata.ucar.edu V4.0 1091 alpha

I take it your system is also a Digital Unix one.

I've reported the problem to the creator of the Fortran-90 interface.
I'll let you know what he says.

Regards,