Re: Re. NetCFR

>To: address@hidden
>From: Charles Dollar <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000330: NetCDF

Hi Charles

> Mr. Reeve,

It's actually "Rew" not "Reeve".

> I work in the area of electronic archives (part-time faculty at the
> University of Washington) and I am particularly interested in the
> Analytical Data Interchange Protocol, which I understand is based upon
> NetCFR.

It's actually "netCDF", not "NetCFR".

> Ms. Lynn Matthews of ThermoQuest Thru-Put Software suggested that I contact
> you for more information on NetCFR.  I went to the unidata home page but I
> could find no reference (a query resulted in 0 hits) to NetCFR.
>
> Can you advise me how to obtain more information, preferably in electronic
> form, about NetCFR.

Yes, lots of information is available on the netCDF web page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

> I currently am in Wellington, New Zealand but I will be back in Gig Harbor,
> Washington (my residence) late Friday afternoon, March 31.  My home
> telephone number is 253 853 6346 if you find it convenient to telephone.
> Otherwise, a response to this EM along with information about when it would
> be convenient for me to telephone would be appreciated.

We develop and maintain netCDF, but the use of netCDF in analytical
chemistry is an independent effort.  More information about the
Analytical Data Interchange protocols is available in the article
"STANDARDS FOR CHROMATOGRAPHY DATA SYSTEMS: ASTM adopts protocols for
analytical data interchange (Andi)" at

  http://pubs.acs.org/hotartcl/tcaw/98/may/stan.html

The resulting standard specification and guide may be
downloaded from ASTM <http://www.astm.org/>:

 E1947-98 Standard Specification for Analytical Data Interchange
 Protocol for Chromatographic Data

<http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E1947.htm?L+mystore+rpwd2606>

 E1948-98 Standard Guide for Analytical Data Interchange Protocol for
 Chromatographic Data

<http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E1948.htm?L+mystore+rpwd2606>

You can also type in the keywords "analytical" or "spectroscopy" in
the netCDF support email archive search box near the bottom of the
netCDF web page for some more information about this application of
netCDF.

I'm difficult to reach by telephone, but will respond to email fairly
quickly ...

--Russ