Re: 19990921: NETCDF Build on C90

George,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I am trying to install NETCDF on the Cray C90 at the Fleet Numerical =
> Meteorology and Oceangraphy Center in Monterey, CA.  The install is fine =
> until the nf_test section.  A compressed tar file with the information =
> requested in the INSTALL file is attached.  I made the C90-unique =
> changes as provided in the INSTALL file.

Did you:

    1.  Copy file "libsrc/ncx_cray.c" to file "libsrc/ncx.c"?

    2.  Ensure the environment variable FFLAGS contained the string "-F"
        and "-dp".

Judging from the following line in the file "test.log" that you sent in:

    f90 -o ftest -O  ftest.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a

it doesn't appear that #2 above was done.  This is supported by cf90
invocations in the file "config.log" that also don't have the right
option settings.

If the FFLAGS environment variable was misset, then I suggest the
following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 2 through 5 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable FFLAGS contains the strings
        "-F" and "-dp".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please let me know if this helps.

--------