Re: 19990913: Solaris 7

>To: address@hidden
>From: Rob Brady <address@hidden>
>Subject: Solaris 7

Hi Rob,

> Is netCDF available for SUN Solaris 7 and Digital TRU64 operating
> systems?
>
> If so could you direct me to a helpfull site?

It's been tested on Sun Solaris 7 and "Digital UNIX V4.0E" also known
as "OSF1 V4.0" (at least that's what "uname -a" says is the version)
on an Alpha platform.  It should work fine if "Digital Tru64" is
mostly just a renaming of Digital UNIX, but we don't have that version
of the OS to test it on.

The site you want is

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

and to finds out where to get the sources, see the FAQ document,
especially the answer to "How do I get the netCDF software package?"
at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html#howtoget

Note that this points to a source version that can be built on various
platforms as well as pre-built binary versions.  There is also a beta
test version of the next release, netCDF 3.5, available in source form
from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5-beta2.ZIP

--Russ