Re: 19990830: netcdf-3.4 installation make fails on IBM RS/6000

Harsh,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Here is the listing of the system float.h file.

It was identical to our AIX system's file.  The only things I can think
of are that

    1.  The macro _ANSI_C_SOURCE wasn't defined when the header-file
        was processed.

    2.  Your system is configured for 128-bit C doubles, this is
        inconsistent, however, with the configure script determining that
        the size of a C double is 8 bytes.

Would you please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 2 through 5 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CFLAGS contains the string
        "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE".

    4.  Perform step 6 near the end of the INSTALL file and send me the
        file "configure.log".  Hopefully, it'll indicate that your
        system is IEEE complient.

--------