Russ Rew: Re: NEXRAD Level 2 data and display

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:49:55 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      Dick Oye <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: NEXRAD Level 2 data and display

Hi Dick,

The OU/CAPS/UW Level II radar project (project CRAFT, see
<http://www.caps.ou.edu/CAPS/craft.html> or
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/craft/craft/>) that is currently
distributing some level 2 data via Unidata's LDM is using a custom
compression scheme to fit the data in a 56k bandwidth, so is not using
netCDF for this.

When I type the keywords "netcdf radar polar" in to the google search engine
at http://www.google.com/, it returns 75 matches, but I haven't
looked at all of these to see if any might be relevant.  This one
might be of interest, from NOAA/FSL:

  http://laps.fsl.noaa.gov/frd/laps/albers/remapper_raw.html

I checked and couldn't find any radar CDLs in the AWIPS CDLs we have
or in the NUWG conventions, so I don't know of anything else for polar
form without checking all of the search engine hits ...

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message