NetCDF compile help

Steve (and Steve),

Thanks for your help on debugging my compiling of NetCDF.

I changed the C compiler from /opt/anisc/bin/cc to /opt/ansic/bin/c89 and
things
now magically worked.

However, I get errors running "make" when the cxx part comes up.  Before I
include any of the error messages, I was wondering if you could describe to me
the differences between cc, c89, and c++.  I'm unclear as to what compiler I
should be using for the environment variable CXX.

I have not programmed in C, just Fortran, so I'm still learning the C process.

Thanks

Brett