Re: 19990310: Trying to install NetCDF under Sun OS 5.6

Tom,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I'm trying to install NetCDF-3.4 on a Sun SPARC running SUN OS 5.6
> (Solaris2.6), and am having difficulties with the configure/Makefile
> scripts. I understand that there have been a number of significant
> changes with this release of the SUN OS which are probably responsible
> for my difficulties. Is there a newer version of the NetCDF configure
> and Makefile scripts which specifically address compatibility with the
> newer SUN OS? Any other recommendations or suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Parr
>
> TASC, Inc.
> Reading, MA
> address@hidden
> (781) 942-2000 [voice]
> (781) 942-7100 [fax]

As you can see from the INSTALL file, we've successfully installed the
netCDF package on SunOS 5.6/Sparc systems.  Thus, as far as we know, the
netCDF 3.4 distribution is completely compatible with SunOS 5.6.

In order to diagnose the problem, would you please perform steps 2
through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

--------