19990310: ncdump utility

>From: Justin Bobak <address@hidden>

Justin,

>I would like to use ARM data from the CART site in a paper I'm writing.
>I've dealt with data in netCDF before using the full netCDF code package
>from unidata.  I no longer have the full netCDF code.  I can deal with the
>data by using IDL, but IDL doesn't seem to have any provision for reading
>the headers of the netCDF files.  Is there any way I can just get
>ncdump.exe without getting the full package?  All I really need to do is
>read headers.

We make binary releases of the netCDF available for a number of popular
platforms by anonymous FTP at ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.  If your system matches
one of these, you could extract the ncdump routine out of the binary release
and us it.  If your system does not match any of these, you will have to
get the source distribution and build ncdump.

>Thanks

I hope that this helped.

>Justin Bobak

>*Dr. Justin P. Bobak