From: "Glenn P. Davis" <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:08:31 -0700
To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: wierd AIX netCDF problem

We talked about this when it was submitted.

I haven't looked at it yet, and I probably won't for
some time.

Suggestion:

Have him use the nc__open or nc__create interface
and use a different value for chunksizehint
than the system default.

If he has a problem with a common value, like 8192,
then we know it is a problem with AIX, not netcdf.

If the problem goes away, it is probably a problem
in the netcdf.

Of course, I'm telling people to stop writing code that
uses redef. It won't necessarily work with other
file implementations.

- -glenn

------- End of Forwarded Message