Re: NetCDF under VMS...

> Has *anyone* ported NetCDF to VMS ?!?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know,

Actually VMS and VAC floating point are one of the raisons d'etre of
netcdf. We actually supported VAX VMS as long as we could keep
our microVAX running, sometime in the netcdf-2 era.

The netcdf-3 C code should compile just fine. The tricky part would
be setting up src/libsrc/ncconfig.h, a job usually done by
a unix shell script called configure. A compentent VMS programmer
should be able to figure out what is the right thing to do.

The default low-level i/o is via posix calls (open(), read(), write(),...).
Last time I checked, these were available on VMS. If not, it is all
encapsulated in src/libsrc/posixio.c.

-glenn