Re: 19990207: netCDF on Linux

>cc: address@hidden
>From: Rolf Mueller <address@hidden>
>Subject: NETCDF on LINUX

Hi Rolf,

> I can see from the information on your web page that many folks seem
> to use netCDF on Linux systems. Yet I have not seen a rpm-package
> (i.e. the Standard Linux distribution) of net CDF for common platforms
> such as Intel and alpha (though somebody seems to have done this for
> the PowerPC). Would it not be a good idea to produce such packages,
> encourage the production or at least start collection them on your web
> page?  Certainly I would be very interested in a rpm package for
> netCDF on intel-Linux (I am usin a SuSE-distribution although this
> should be less relevant).

Yes, that would be a good idea.  We currently have access to only one
Linux system here, a Linux 2.2/i686 platform, and we will try creating
an RPM distribution for that system to see what's involved.  We would
not be able to create all the necessary RPM packages for other Linux
platforms, but we could collect them from others.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--Russ