Re: 19990130: Bug report on NetCDF Guides

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:07:51 -0700
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      Paul Hughett <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 19990130: Bug report on NetCDF Guides

>cc: address@hidden
>From: Paul Hughett <address@hidden>
>Subject: Bug report on NetCDF Guides

Hi Paul,

> I downloaded the PostScript files pub/netcdf/guidec.ps and
> pub/netcdf/guidef.ps from unidata.ucar.edu but when I tried to print
> them on an HP LaserJet 4si, they failed, complaining of an undefined
> symbol &k2G.  Trying to display them under ghostview (version 3.5.8)
> also failed with an undefined symbol currentdistillerparams.
>
> Following some experimentation, I found that making the following
> changes would fix the problems with both the LaserJet and ghostview;
> the changes are given as a context diff and are the same for both
> guidec.ps and guidef.ps.  What I have been able to guess about the
> causes of the problem are noted in the comments.  I don't think
> that these changes will break the files on any other printers, but
> some testing would be a good idea.

Thanks for sending the changes for the PostScript files.  I've
incorporated them into the guides in our FTP directory, but I'll be
remaking the files soon, because we have a more recent version of
FrameMaker that we will use to save the files as PostScript.

I'd like to make the guides available in PDF form as well from the
new FrameMaker.

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message