[no subject]

Juergen,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I have a problem with a program, which uses netcdf- routines to create a
> netcdf-file, then defines some netcdf-variables , then writes some attributes,
> then writes some data, then closes the file, reopens it , then defines some
> other variables and writes some more attributes.

Thanks for reporting this.

The problem might be easy to find and fix or it might be a nightmare --
depending on the cause.  The fact that it works OK on non-AIX systems
makes us suspect an operating-system problem (possibly dealing with I/O
block sizes and memmov() implementations -- but only investigation
will tell).  Just be aware that it might take some time to uncover the
underlying problem.

In the meantime, if you can execute your program on another system or
modify your program to avoid the call to "nf_redef()", then you might be
able to work around the problem until we come up with a solution.

We'll let you know when we have a solution.

Regards,