[no subject]

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 28 Dec 1998 09:50:25 -0700
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      Eric Small <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 19981222: NetCDF on Crays

>To: address@hidden
>From: Eric Small <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF on Crays

Hi Eric,

> Could you tell me how to access the NetDCF libraries on
> the Cray, and how to find any associated documentation?
>
> I searched the SCD page, and the most useful things I
> found was a suggestion to email address@hidden,
> which is what i did.

Sorry to take so long to answer this ...

I'm told by the SCD consultants that the netCDF libraries are
installed in directories that are accessed by default by the C and
Fortran compilers, so you don't need to explicitly mention any
directory in your compile lines or source file include statements.

Specifically, if you are accessing netCDF libraries from C, just use

  #include <netcdf.h>

in sources that call netCDF functions and include

  -lnetcdf

when linking compiled sources to make an executable.

Similarly, for access from Fortran use

  include 'netcdf.inc'

in Fortran source files that call netCDF functions and include

  -lnetcdf

when linking to make an executable.

The SCD consultants at address@hidden should be able to answer
any more specific questions you have about using netCDF on NCAR's Cray
computers.  Send other questions about netCDF to
address@hidden.

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message