Re: 19981222: NetCDF build under NT4.0

>To: address@hidden
>From: Che Chi <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCdf compilation errors

Hi,

> I am working on NT 4.0 using Mcirosoft's Visual C++ 6.0 as the
> development tool. I downloaded netcdf.3_4.zip from your web site.
> Visual C++ 6.0 did not like your makefile.  So, I used Visual C++
> wizard, created a static library project (makefile) and inserted attr.c,
> dim.c, error.c, libers.c, nc.c, ncio.c, ncx.c, putget.c, string.c,
> v1hpg.c, v2i.c and var.c as part of the library.  I had to rename
> ncconfig.in to ncconfig.h (commented out undefine ssize_t etc.).  The
> problem I had was errors in ncx.c and putget.c. In ncx.c, I had
> compilation error on line 1119 #error ix_float implementation. In
> putget.c, I had compilation error #error NC_fill_int implementation.  It
> appears that based on preprocessor #if .. , different section of the
> code would be used for different operating systems.  I suspect that the
> makefile created by Visual C++ did not provide proper #define,  thus I
> did not get the correct section of the code.  What do I have to do in
> order to make a NetCdf library for NT4.0 ?

As described in the netCDF FAQ:

  Is netCDF available for Windows 95 or Windows NT?

  Yes, several users have contributed portions of the port, and we
  have provided Makefiles as well as Fortran support. If you wish to
  build from source on a Win32 platform, obtain
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip, unpack
  it, and read WIN32_INSTALL.

There is a README at

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/README

with more information ...