Re: 19981221: problem with the installation

>To: address@hidden
>From: Convection <address@hidden>
>Subject: i'm sorry

Hi,

> I have a problem with the installation, and I had sent a bug report to
> you, but
> I'm sorry for sent the incorrect attach files !
>
> I send another bug report now, .... it's the correct one!
>
> A.  AIX  storm 2 3 000029947000
>
> B.  version 3.4
>
> C.  C compiler: /usr/bin/xlc
>       Fortran compiler: /usr/bin/xlf
>
> D.  See attach file 'configure.log'
>
> E.  See attach file 'config.log'

From the two files you sent, it doesn't appear to me that there is any
problem, except that you haven't finished the installation steps, as
described in the INSTALL file.

> checking for xlC... no
> checking for CC... no
> checking for cxx... no
> checking for c++... no
> checking for g++... no

The lines above from the configure.log file you sent indicated that it
could not find a C++ compiler, but that's OK if you only need the C
and Fortran netCDF interfaces.

The rest of the configure.log looks fine, and indicates that the
configure script finished creating the files necessary to build netCDF
on your system.

The error messages in the "config.log" file are expected, as explained
in the INSTALL file instructions, and do not indicate any kind of
problem.

The next steps, as described in detail in the INSTALL file, are to

  - invoke "make all" to build netCDF
  - invoke "make test" to test it, and
  - invoke "make install" to install it

If you have problems from these steps, please follow the instructions
in the "REPORTING PROBLEMS" section at the end of the INSTALL file and
send the requested information to address@hidden.  Thanks