Re: 19981217: Loading GMT

>To: address@hidden
>From: "K Vellimalai maniar" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Loading GMT

Hi,

>  I am totally new to the GMT and trying to do the installation fo this
> package in Digital Alpha machine with 512 MB running under digital unix
> 4.0d. I could not succeed in making the file systems.
>
> make all in the netcdf has been succesfully completed.After that I was
> trying to make all in the src diretcory. I am facing problem of not
> completeing and error come at blockmean.c sayno file identified at
> -lnetcdf
> Kindly clarify me what steps I have to do for getting this problem
> solved.
>
> I am trying for last 4 days.

Sorry, but that's a GMT problem, not a netCDF problem.  I can only
guess that you either need to invoke "make install" for netCDF to
install it where GMT expects to find it, or define some macro for GMT
before invoking its make to tell it where to find the netCDF library.
The netCDF library is named libnetcdf.a, so another alternative is to
just include an absolute reference to the netCDF library for the
command that links the GMT application.

We don't know much about GMT, just netCDF.  Maybe you could get help
from the GMT mailing list at

  mailto:address@hidden

According to the GMT web page at http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/soest/gmt3.0.html

    ...  If you send mail to gmthelp it will reach ~400 subscribed GMT
    users, one of which is likely to know the solution to your
    problem. To add yourself to this mailinglist (which is maintained
    by the listserver program), you must send mail to address@hidden
    with a 1-line message. E.g., if your name is John Smith then send

       subscribe gmthelp John Smith

    The listserver will automatically obtain your email address.

I hope this helps ...

--Russ