Re: 19981203: netCDF binary

>To: address@hidden
>From: Wayne Holt <address@hidden>

Hi Wayne,

> Is there a binary version of netCDF available for SGI 02 Workstation
> running IRIX 6.5?
>
> I was previously directed to your ftp site in the pub/binary/irix_6.5-mips
> directory
> but files there reference ldm and not netCDF is this all the same?

No, a netCDF binary would have to be built.  In the past, we've built
these for IRIX with the "-O32" flag so they will also work for IRIX64
and IRIX 5.3 systems and be compatible with our GEMPAK software.
However, I suspect we should now build them with "-n32" which won't be
backward compatible with IRIX 5.3 systems.  Do you have a preference?

Also, the older netCDF binaries we have available for other IRIX
systems should still work OK with IRIX 6.5, in case you need something
quickly.

--Russ